The Three Angels' of Revelation 14:6-12

The Three Angels' of Revelation 14:6-12
Fear Jehovah, and give glory to him!

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Who is Michael The Archangel?

Just when the Antimessiah thinks he has the world in his grip,  Michael the Great Prince (Jesus Christ) shall stand up to deliver his people (the assembly of believers in Jehovah and Jehoshua aka Jesus). 

Daniel 12:1 (KJV)

12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Michael in Hebrew is Miyka'el which means "who is like God?"

Archangel in Greek is archaggelos which means "a chief angel".

Angel in Greek is aggelos which means "a messenger".

Was not our Messiah a Chief Messenger of His Father Jehovah?  

John 12:49-50 (KJV)

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Is not our Messiah like God being the very image of His Father Jehovah? 

Colossians 1:13-15 (ASV)

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Does not our Messiah descend from Heaven with the voice of an archangel? 

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (ASV)

13 But we would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning them that fall asleep; that ye sorrow not, even as the rest, who have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also that are fallen asleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we that are alive, that are left unto the coming of the Lord, shall in no wise precede them that are fallen asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

17 then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Is not our Messiah the only One aside from Jehovah who has the power to cast Lucifer out of Heaven?

Revelation 12:7-9 (KJV)

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Did Jehoshua Messiah ever bring a reviling accusation against Satan? No He didn't! Jehoshua simply rebuked Satan. Remember, our Saviour often spoke of Himself in third person which happens in the below passage of Jude. Matthew and Luke chronicle the times Jehoshua was tempted by Lucifer in the wilderness. It's important to note that Jehoshua didn't bring a reviling accusation against Satan but just rebuked him which is what Michael The Archangel does in Jude 9.

Jude 9

"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee."

Luke 4:6-8 (RSB)

4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

4:8 And Yahshua answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, THOU SHALT WORSHIP YAHWEH THY ELOHIM, AND HIM ONLY SHALT THOU SERVE.

Matthew 4:8-10 (RSB)

4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

4:10 Then saith Yahshua unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, THOU SHALT WORSHIP YAHWEH THY ELOHIM, AND HIM ONLY SHALT THOU SERVE.

Remember,  Jehoshua appeared in the Old Testament as an Angel of Jehovah. 

Genesis 16:6-13 (RSB)

16:6 But Abram said unto Sarai, Behold, thy maid is in thy hand; do to her as it pleaseth thee. And when Sarai dealt hardly with her, she fled from her face.

16:7 And the angel of Yahweh found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.

16:8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai's maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.

16:9 And the angel of Yahweh said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.

16:10 And the angel of Yahweh said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.

16:11 And the angel of Yahweh said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because Yahweh hath heard thy affliction.

16:12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

16:13 And she called the name of Yahweh that spake unto her, Thou El seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?

Genesis 22:9-16 (RSB)

22:9 And they came to the place which Elohim had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

22:10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

22:11 And the angel of Yahweh called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest Elohim, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

22:13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

22:14 And Abraham called the name of that place Yahweh Yireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of Yahweh it shall be seen.

22:15 And the angel of Yahweh called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,

22:16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith Yahweh, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

Exodus 4:1-22 (RSB)

3:1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of Elohim, even to Horeb.

3:2 And the angel of Yahweh appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3:3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

3:4 And when Yahweh saw that he turned aside to see, Elohim called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

3:5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

3:6 Moreover he said, I am the Elohim of thy father, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac, and the Elohim of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon Elohim.

3:7 And Yahweh said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

3:8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

3:9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.

3:10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

3:11 And Moses said unto Elohim, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

3:12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and thisshall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve Elohim upon this mountain.

3:13 And Moses said unto Elohim, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The Elohim of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

3:14 And Elohim said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

3:15 And Elohim said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Yahweh Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac, and the Elohim of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

3:16 Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, Yahweh Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seenthat which is done to you in Egypt:

3:17 And I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, unto a land flowing with milk and honey.

3:18 And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him, Yahweh Elohim of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to Yahweh our Elohim.

3:19 And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.

3:20 And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go.

3:21 And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty:

3:22 But every woman shall borrow of her neighbour, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall putthem upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians.

Acts 7:35-38 (RSB)

7:35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, WHO MADE THEE A RULER AND A JUDGE? the same did Elohim send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.

7:36 He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.

7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A PROPHET SHALL YAHWEH YOUR ELOHIM RAISE UP UNTO YOU OF YOUR BRETHREN, LIKE UNTO ME; HIM SHALL YE HEAR.

7:38 This is he, that was in the assembly in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Exodus 23:20-33 (RSB)

23:20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

23:21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

23:22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.

23:23 For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

23:24 Thou shalt not bow down to their mighty ones, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

23:25 And ye shall serve Yahweh your Elohim, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

23:26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

23:27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.

23:28 And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.

23:29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.

23:30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.

23:31 And I will set thy bounds from the Red sea even unto the sea of the Philistines, and from the desert unto the river: for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand; and thou shalt drive them out before thee.

23:32 Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their mighty ones.

23:33 They shall not dwell in thy land, lest they make thee sin against me: for if thou serve their mighty ones, it will surely be a snare unto thee.

Note verse 21 here where Jehovah says that His name is in this Angel so this obviously is our Saviour Jehoshua Messiah who's name means "The Salvation of Jehovah" hence He has His the prefix of His Father's name "Jah" as His prefix. Also, this Angel has the power to either forgive transgressions or not forgive them. We all know that only Jehovah and Jehoshua both being God have this power.

Judges 2:1-5 (RSB)

2:1 And an angel of Yahweh came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you.

2:2 And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this?

2:3 Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their mighty ones shall be a snare unto you.

2:4 And it came to pass, when the angel of Yahweh spake these words unto all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voice, and wept.

2:5 And they called the name of that place Bochim: and they sacrificed there unto Yahweh.

This is the same Angel as the one in Exodus 23 as the description of being the Angel that leads and follows the Israelites through the wilderness. 

Proof that the above angels mentioned was Jesus Christ is listed below im 1 Corinthians 10:1-4

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 (KJV)

10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

The Rock is a metaphor for the Angel of Jehovah (Jesus Christ) that followed the Israelites in the wilderness. See below for another confirmation that the Angel of Jehovah who led the Israelites through the wilderness was our Lord and Saviour Jehoshua Messiah. So Jehoshua does manifested Himself as an Angel. The passage above in 1st Corinthians 10:1-4 confirms that the Angel of Jehovah who led and followed the Israelites from Egypt to the promised land was Jehoshua Messiah. 

Jehoshua appears as The Angel of Jehovah to Gideon.

Judges 6:11- 23 (RSB)

6:11 And there came an angel of Yahweh, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.

6:12 And the angel of Yahweh appeared unto him, and said unto him, Yahweh is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

6:13 And Gideon said unto him, Oh my master, if Yahweh be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not Yahweh bring us up from Egypt? but now Yahweh hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.

6:14 And Yahweh looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?

6:15 And he said unto him, Oh Yahweh, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house.

6:16 And Yahweh said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man.

6:17 And he said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, then shew me a sign that thou talkest with me.

6:18 Depart not hence, I pray thee, until I come unto thee, and bring forth my present, and set itbefore thee. And he said, I will tarry until thou come again.

6:19 And Gideon went in, and made ready a kid, and unleavened cakes of an ephah of flour: the flesh he put in a basket, and he put the broth in a pot, and brought it out unto him under the oak, and presentedit.

6:20 And the angel of Elohim said unto him, Take the flesh and the unleavened cakes, and laythem upon this rock, and pour out the broth. And he did so.

6:21 Then the angel of Yahweh put forth the end of the staff that was in his hand, and touched the flesh and the unleavened cakes; and there rose up fire out of the rock, and consumed the flesh and the unleavened cakes. Then the angel of Yahweh departed out of his sight.

6:22 And when Gideon perceived that he was an angel of Yahweh, Gideon said, Alas, O my Sovereign Yahweh! for because I have seen an angel of Yahweh face to face.

6:23 And Yahweh said unto him, Peace be unto thee; fear not: thou shalt not die.

Below, Joshua worships the Angel of Jehovah who ia described as the captain of the Host. Remember Michael The Archangel is also the captain of the Host that fights against Satan and his angels in Revelation 12:7. This Angel could only be Jehoshua as remember created angels are not allowed to receive worship as noted in Revelation 19:10.

Revelation 19:10 (KJV)

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Joshua 5:13-15 (RSB)

5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

5:14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of Yahweh am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my sovereign unto his servant?

5:15 And the captain of Yahweh's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

We see clearly that this Angel received worship meaning He could only be Jehoshua the Chief Messenger (Archangel) of Jehovah. The Scriptures only mention one Archangel which we are starting to see is none other than our Lord and Saviour Jehoshua Messiah.

Back to Revelation 12:7. Michael The Archangel is described as the Captain of the Hosts of angels in Heaven, they are called His angels. He battles Satan and his angels. Jehoshua is also described as the leader of faithful angels in Revelation 19:14-16, 2 Thessalonians 1:7.

Revelation 19:14-16 (KJV)

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 (KJV)

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Also, Matthew 13:41, 16:27, 24:31; 1 Peter 3:22 speak of Jehoshua and His angels. Both Jehoshua and Michael are both described as leaders of an army of faithful angels. Since nowhere in Jehovah's word does it say there are two armies of angels, we can safely conclude that Jehoshua and Michael are one and the same.

See the description here in Daniel 10, of what is believed to be the angel Gabriel needing the help of Michael The Archangel the Chief Prince to hold back the Kings of Persia (verse 13). Isn't that what we do as believers in Messiah? We call on the name of Jehoshua for help in our time of need. We don't win every battle but we are strengthened win or lose due to the Messiah coming to our aid. Remember, that Jehoshua doesn't always defeat our enemies for us (in the flesh he doesn't, but he always give us victory spiritually). In verse 21, Gabriel states that only Michael The Prince can uphold him against the Kings of Persia and Greece. Notice that Gabriel tells Daniel "your Prince". No angel is ever called our Prince. The fact that Michael is called Daniel's Prince and that Jehoshua is also called our Prince, logically concludes that Michael and Jehoshua are one and the same.

Daniel 10:12-21 (RSB)

10:12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy Elohim, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

10:14 Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.

10:15 And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.

10:16 And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my sovereign, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.

10:17 For how can the servant of this my sovereign talk with this my sovereign? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.

10:18 Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,

10:19 And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace beunto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my master speak; for thou hast strengthened me.

10:20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.

10:21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

Daniel 8:11 (KJV)

11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the Prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of the sanctuary was cast down.

This is clearly a reference to the Little Horn (Papal Rome) exalting himself above Jehoshua who is described as being the Prince of the Host, which is a position of being the Commander of the armies of Heaven. Michael The Archangel is also described as the Commander of the Heavenly armies in Revelation 12:7.

Jacob wrestles the Angel of Jehovah!

Genesis 32:22-32 (RSB)

32:22 And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok.

32:23 And he took them, and sent them over the brook, and sent over that he had.

32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

32:25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

32:27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.

32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with Elohim and with men, and hast prevailed.

32:29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is itthat thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.

32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen Elohim face to face, and my life is preserved.

32:31 And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.

32:32 Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.

This was no created angel as Jacob called Him Elohim and since Jehoshua in the New Covenant said that no one has seen the Father at any time save Himself,  then this must be the Messiah Himself manifested as an Angel.

John 1:18 KJV

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

John 6:43-46 (KJV)

43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

John 5:37 KJV 

"And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath

 borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape."

My view of Michael The Archangel is the SDA version that looks at Michael The Archangel as being another title and function and name for Jehoshua Messiah. The Jehovah Witness view is different and they use it to lower the deity of Jehoshua but saying that Jehoshua is a created being. The SDA view holds to the full deity of Jehoshua as Elohim and acknowledges his pre existence.



No comments:

Post a Comment