The Three Angels' of Revelation 14:6-12

The Three Angels' of Revelation 14:6-12
Fear Jehovah, and give glory to him!

Monday, February 1, 2016

Jesus "The Word of God" as Jehovah's Chief Messenger

Jesus the literal Son of Jehovah as Michael The Archangel and the Angel of Jehovah!

Genesis 19:23-25 (ASV)

23 The sun was risen upon the earth when Lot came unto Zoar.

24 Then Jehovah rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Jehovah out of heaven;

25 and he overthrew those cities, and all the Plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

The above passage is revealing in the sense of the Father and Son working together to execute judgment on Sodom and Gomorrha. Notice that there are two Jehovah's here. One in heaven  (The Father) and one on earth or at least within the firmament (The Son). As we know the Father stays in his heavenly abode and sends His Son Jesus to represent Him. Since Jesus has his Father's name in him, he can be rightly called Jehovah however he is not Jehovah God himself but rather the "salvation of Jehovah" hence our Saviour's Hebrew name Jehoshua which bears the prefix of His Father's name.

Jesus said no one has heard nor seen the Father, so likely many visual and audible manifestations of Jehovah in the old testament were actually His Son as the Angel of Jehovah. 

John 1:18 KJV

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

John 6:43-46 (KJV)

43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

John 5:37 KJV 

"And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath

 borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape."

Colossians 1:13-15 (ASV)

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Jacob wrestles God, could this have been the preexistent Messiah in light of the above scriptures where Jesus said no man has seen Jehovah's shape? I think so, as Jesus being the Chief Angel of Jehovah could have very well been his Father's earthly representative in wrestling Jacob. If Jacob had seen Jehovah's face during this wrestle-off and we understand from scripture that no one has seen the Father, it logically concludes that Jacob wrestled Jehovah's Son who is the express image of himself.

Angel simply means messenger, however it doesn't mean that Jesus was just an Angel, but that being a messenger of His Father was and is a function of our Saviour. Of course, many who have been ingrained in the white washed churches of Christendom scoff at the notion of Jesus as the Angel of Jehovah but what does scripture say?

Angel in Greek is aggelos which means "a messenger".

Was not our Messiah a messenger of His Father Jehovah?  

John 12:49-50 (KJV)

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus appearing as theAngel of Jehovah in the old testament.

Genesis 16:6-13 (ASV)

6 But Abram said unto Sarai, Behold, thy maid is in thy hand; do to her that which is good in thine eyes. And Sarai dealt hardly with her, and she fled from her face.

7 And the angel of Jehovah found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.

8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai's handmaid, whence camest thou? and whither goest thou? And she said, I am fleeing from the face of my mistress Sarai.

9 And the angel of Jehovah said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.

10 And the angel of Jehovah said unto her, I will greatly multiply thy seed, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.

11 And the angel of Jehovah said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son; and thou shalt call his name Ishmael, because Jehovah hath heard thy affliction.

12 And he shall be as a wild ass among men; his hand shall be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell over against all his brethren.

13 And she called the name of Jehovah that spake unto her, Thou art a God that seeth: for she said, Have I even here looked after him that seeth me?

Genesis 22:9-16 (ASV)

9 And they came to the place which God had told him of. And Abraham built the altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar, upon the wood.

10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

11 And the angel of Jehovah called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham. And he said, Here I am.

12 And he said, Lay not thy hand upon the lad, neither do thou anything unto him. For now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, from me.

13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt-offering in the stead of his son.

14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh. As it is said to this day, In the mount of Jehovah it shall be provided.

15 And the angel of Jehovah called unto Abraham a second time out of heaven,

16 and said, By myself have I sworn, saith Jehovah, because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son,

Exodus 4:1-22 (ASV)

1  And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice; for they will say, Jehovah hath not appeared unto thee.

2 And Jehovah said unto him, What is that in thy hand? And he said, A rod.

3 And he said, Cast in on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.

4 And Jehovah said unto Moses, Put forth thy hand, and take it by the tail: (and he put forth his hand, and laid hold of it, and it became a rod in his hand:)

5 That they may believe that Jehovah, the God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.

6 And Jehovah said furthermore unto him, Put now thy hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous, as white as snow.

7 And he said, Put thy hand into thy bosom again. (And he put his hand into his bosom again; and when he took it out of his bosom, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh.)

8 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign.

9 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe even these two signs, neither hearken unto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of the river, and pour it upon the dry land: and the water which thou takest out of the river shall become blood upon the dry land.

10 And Moses said unto Jehovah, Oh, Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant; for I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

11 And Jehovah said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? Or who maketh a man dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, Jehovah?

12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt speak.

13 And he said, Oh, Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.

14 And the anger of Jehovah was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is there not Aaron thy brother the Levite? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart.

15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put the words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.

16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people; and it shall come to pass, that he shall be to thee a mouth, and thou shalt be to him as God.

17 And thou shalt take in thy hand this rod, wherewith thou shalt do the signs.

18 And Moses went and returned to Jethro his father-in-law, and said unto him, Let me go, I pray thee, and return unto my brethren that are in Egypt, and see whether they be yet alive. And Jethro said to Moses, Go in peace.

19 And Jehovah said unto Moses in Midian, Go, return into Egypt; for all the men are dead that sought thy life.

20 And Moses took his wife and his sons, and set them upon an ass, and he returned to the land of Egypt: and Moses took the rod of God in his hand.

21 And Jehovah said unto Moses, When thou goest back into Egypt, see that thou do before Pharaoh all the wonders which I have put in thy hand: but I will harden his heart and he will not let the people go.

22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith Jehovah, Israel is my son, my first-born:

Exodus 3:1-22 (ASV)

1  Now Moses was keeping the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the back of the wilderness, and came to the mountain of God, unto Horeb.

2 And the angel of Jehovah appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will turn aside now, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when Jehovah saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

7 And Jehovah said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people that are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

8 and I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Amorite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.

9 And now, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: moreover I have seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.

10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be the token unto thee, that I have sent thee: when thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.

13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? What shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

16 Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, hath appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt:

17 and I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Amorite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite, unto a land flowing with milk and honey.

18 And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him, Jehovah, the God of the Hebrews, hath met with us: and now let us go, we pray thee, three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to Jehovah our God.

19 And I know that the king of Egypt will not give you leave to go, no, not by a mighty hand.

20 And I will put forth my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go.

21 And I will give this people favor in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty.

22 But every woman shall ask of her neighbor, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall despoil the Egyptians.

Acts 7:30-38 (KJV)

30 And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.

31 When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,

32 Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.

33 Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground.

34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.

35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.

36 He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.

37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Verses 30-36 refer to Exodus 3:1-8 where the Angel of Jehovah appeared unto Moses in a flame of fire.

Revelation 1:14

"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

Revelation 19:12

"His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Verse 38 is in reference to the decalogue, as it was an Angel that Jehovah used as the channel to deliver the commandments to Moses. This Angel very likely was our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who is the Word of God. Jesus as the Angel of Jehovah, which simply means "messenger of Jehovah" was likely the audible voice that gave Moses the lively oracles. Look at Acts 7:53:

"Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it."

Of course Jesus isn't just an angel but the Chief Angel "Michael" and is Jehovah's literal Son.

Exodus 3:1-8 (ASV)

1  Now Moses was keeping the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the back of the wilderness, and came to the mountain of God, unto Horeb.

2 And the angel of Jehovah appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will turn aside now, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when Jehovah saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

7 And Jehovah said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people that are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

8 and I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Amorite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.

It was the Angel of Jehovah that appeared to Moses in the bush at Sinai. It was also the Angel of Jehovah that gave Moses the lively oracles.

The below passage is very revealing about Jesus as the Angel of Jehovah.

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 (KJV)

10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

The Rock is a metaphor for the Angel of Jehovah (Jesus Christ) that followed the Israelites in the wilderness. See below for another confirmation that the Angel of Jehovah who led the Israelites through the wilderness was our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. So Jesus does manifested Himself as an Angel. The passage above in 1st Corinthians 10:1-4 confirms that the Angel of Jehovah who led and followed the Israelites from Egypt to the promised land was Jesus Christ. Let's look at the corresponding texts in the Old Testament:

Exodus 23:20-33 (ASV)

20 Behold, I send an angel before thee, to keep thee by the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

21 Take ye heed before him, and hearken unto his voice; provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgression: for my name is in him.

22 But if thou shalt indeed hearken unto his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.

23 For mine angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Canaanite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite: and I will cut them off.

24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works; but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and break in pieces their pillars.

25 And ye shall serve Jehovah your God, and he will bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

26 There shall none cast her young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

27 I will send my terror before thee, and will discomfit all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.

28 And I will send the hornet before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.

29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year, lest the land become desolate, and the beasts of the field multiply against thee.

30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.

31 And I will set thy border from the Red Sea even unto the sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness unto the River: for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand: and thou shalt drive them out before thee.

32 Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.

33 They shall not dwell in thy land, lest they make thee sin against me; for if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee.

Judges 2:1-5 (ASV)

1  And the angel of Jehovah came up from Gilgal to Bochim. And he said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you:

2 and ye shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall break down their altars. But ye have not hearkened unto my voice: why have ye done this?

3 Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you.

4 And it came to pass, when the angel of Jehovah spake these words unto all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voice, and wept.

5 And they called the name of that place Bochim: and they sacrificed there unto Jehovah.

There it is!!! Proof that our Saviour Jesus appeared as the Angel of Jehovah in the wilderness. 1 Corinthians 10:1-4 corresponds to the above passage in Exodus. Notice how in verse 21, Jehovah says that my name is in him (The Angel). Remember Jesus name Jehoshua means the "salvation of Jehovah" or "Jehovah saves". Also in vese 21, Jehovah's says the Angel will not pardon their transgressions right before saying my name is in him. Apart from the Father only the Son of God has the power to forgive sins. We all know that only Jehovah and Jesus have this power. Jehovah because He is God Almighty and Jesus because He is the Divine Son of God. Look at Mark 2:5-10 and see how Jesus has authority to forgive sins. This authority is given to him by his Father Jehovah. So this Angel in Exodus following the Israelites and leading them had the power to forgive sins. This Angel could only be Jesus as other than Jehovah he is the only one with power to forgive sins. Paul confirms in Corinthians that indeed the Angel leading the Israelites in the wilderness was Christ.

In Judges 2, we see that this Angel of Jehovah who is speaking on Jehovah's behalf is the same Angel that led the Israelites through the wilderness in Exodus 23 and refrenced as being Jesus in 1 Corinthians. Verses 20-24 in Exodus correspond to verses 1-3 in Judges. The Israelites were told to harken unto the voice of Jehovah's Angel which we know to be the preexistent Messiah. The Angel of Jehovah was to lead the Israelites through the wilderness and into the promised land. The exhortation to not bow down to the false gids in Exodus and then the lament of being ensared by these false gods in Judges. 

Mark 2:5-10 (KJV)

5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

6 But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,

7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?

9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?

10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)

So brethren don't get freaked out at the thought of Jesus as the Angel of Jehovah or as Michael The Archangel. Does it mean that Jesus is merely an Angel? Of course not! If we look at meaning of the word angel,  archangel and Michael it will clear up what these words really mean. When we call Jesus the Lamb of God, of course we are not saying Jesus is literally a lamb, just as when we say he is the Lion of the tribe of Judah we are not saying Jesus is literally a lion. These are titles given to Jesus to describe his functions as the Son of God. 

A Lamb = the ransom sacrifice. 
The Lion = The King and executor of Justice. 
The Angel = Jehovah's messenger. Michael The Archangel = A chief messenger of Jehovah who is like Jehovah.

Jesus appearing to Gideon as the Angel of Jehovah!

Judges 6:11-23 (ASV)

11 And the angel of Jehovah came, and sat under the oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon was beating out wheat in the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.

12 And the angel of Jehovah appeared unto him, and said unto him, Jehovah is with thee, thou mighty man of valor.

13 And Gideon said unto him, Oh, my lord, if Jehovah is with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where are all his wondrous works which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not Jehovah bring us up from Egypt? but now Jehovah hath cast us off, and delivered us into the hand of Midian.

14 And Jehovah looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and save Israel from the hand of Midian: have not I sent thee?

15 And he said unto him, Oh, Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is the poorest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house.

16 And Jehovah said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man.

17 And he said unto him, If now I have found favor in thy sight, then show me a sign that it is thou that talkest with me.

18 Depart not hence, I pray thee, until I come unto thee, and bring forth my present, and lay it before thee. And he said, I will tarry until thou come again.

19 And Gideon went in, and made ready a kid, and unleavened cakes of an ephah of meal: the flesh he put in a basket, and he put the broth in a pot, and brought it out unto him under the oak, and presented it.

20 And the angel of God said unto him, Take the flesh and the unleavened cakes, and lay them upon this rock, and pour out the broth. And he did so.

21 Then the angel of Jehovah put forth the end of the staff that was in his hand, and touched the flesh and the unleavened cakes; and there went up fire out of the rock, and consumed the flesh and the unleavened cakes; and the angel of Jehovah departed out of his sight.

22 And Gideon saw that he was the angel of Jehovah; and Gideon said, Alas, O Lord Jehovah! forasmuch as I have seen the angel of Jehovah face to face.

23 And Jehovah said unto him, Peace be unto thee; fear not: thou shalt not die.

Below, Joshua worships the Angel of Jehovah who ia described as the captain of the Host. Remember Michael The Archangel is also the captain of the Host that fights against Satan and his angels in Revelation 12:7. This Angel could only be Jesus as remember, created angels are not allowed to receive worship as noted in Revelation 19:10.

Revelation 19:10 (KJV)

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Joshua 5:13-15 (ASV)

13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

14 And he said, Nay; but as prince of the host of Jehovah am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?

15 And the prince of Jehovah's host said unto Joshua, Put off thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

We see clearly that this Angel, who is the Prince of Jehovah's host, received worship meaning He could only be Jesus the Chief Messenger (Archangel) of Jehovah, who is the express image of His literal Father. The Scriptures only mention one Archangel which we are starting to see is none other than our Lord and Saviour Jehoshua Messiah. Jesus is also mentioned as the prince of peace.

Jude 9

"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee."

Luke 4:6-8 (KJV)

6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Matthew 4:8-10King James Version (KJV)

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Did Jesus ever bring a reviling accusation against Satan? No He didn't! Jesus simply rebuked Satan. Remember, our Saviour often spoke of Himself in third person which happens in the below passage of Jude. Matthew and Luke chronicle the times Jesus was tempted by Lucifer in the wilderness. It's important to note that Jesus didn't bring a reviling accusation against Satan but just rebuked him which is what Michael The Archangel does in Jude 9.

In Revelation 12:7-9, Michael The Archangel is described as the Captain of the Hosts of angels in Heaven, they are called His angels. He battles Satan and his angels. Jesus is also described as the leader of faithful angels in Revelation 19:14-16, 2 Thessalonians 1:7.

Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ aside from Jehovah is the only one with the power to cast satan out of heaven.

Revelation 12:7-9  (KJV)

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 19:14-16 (KJV)

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 (KJV)

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Also, Matthew 13:41, 16:27, 24:31; 1 Peter 3:22 speaks of Jesus and His angels. Both Jesus and Michael are both described as leaders of an army of faithful angels. Since nowhere in Jehovah's word does it say there are two armies of angels, we can safely conclude that Jesus and Michael are one and the same.

Does not our Messiah descend from Heaven with the voice of the archangel? 

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (ASV)

13 But we would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning them that fall asleep; that ye sorrow not, even as the rest, who have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also that are fallen asleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we that are alive, that are left unto the coming of the Lord, shall in no wise precede them that are fallen asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

17 then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

See the description here in Daniel 10, of what is believed to be the angel Gabriel needing the help of Michael The Archangel the Chief Prince to hold back the Kings of Persia (verse 13). Isn't that what we do as believers in Messiah? We call on the name of Jehoshua for help in our time of need. We don't win every battle but we are strengthened win or lose, due to the Messiah coming to our aid. Remember, that Jehoshua doesn't always defeat our enemies for us (in the flesh he doesn't, but he always give us victory spiritually). In verse 21, Gabriel states that only Michael The Prince can uphold him against the Kings of Persia and Greece. Notice that Gabriel tells Daniel "your Prince". No angel is ever called our Prince. The fact that Michael is called Daniel's Prince and that Jesus is also called our Prince, logically concludes that Michael and Jesus are one and the same.

Daniel 10:12-21 (ASV)

12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel; for from the first day that thou didst set thy heart to understand, and to humble thyself before thy God, thy words were heard: and I am come for thy words' sake.

13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days; but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me: and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

14 Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days; for the vision is yet for many days:

15 and when he had spoken unto me according to these words, I set my face toward the ground, and was dumb.

16 And, behold, one in the likeness of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by reason of the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I retain no strength.

17 For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither was there breath left in me.

18 Then there touched me again one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me.

19 And he said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he spake unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.

20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I am come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I go forth, lo, the prince of Greece shall come.

21 But I will tell thee that which is inscribed in the writing of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me against these, but Michael your prince.

Daniel 8:11 (KJV)

11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the Prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of the sanctuary was cast down.

This is clearly a reference to the Little Horn (Papal Rome) exalting himself above Jehoshua who is described as being the Prince of the Host, which is a position of being the Commander of the armies of Heaven. Michael The Archangel is also described as the Commander of the Heavenly armies in Revelation 12:7.

Who is Michael The Archangel?

Just when the Antichrist thinks he has the world in his grip,  Michael the Great Prince (Jesus Christ) shall stand up to deliver his people (the congregation of believers in Jehovah and Jesus Christ). 

Daniel 12:1 (KJV)

12 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Michael in Hebrew is Miyka'el which means "who is like God?"

Archangel in Greek is archaggelos which means "a chief angel".

Angel in Greek is aggelos which means "a messenger".

Was not our Messiah a Chief Messenger of His Father Jehovah?

John 12:49-50 (KJV)

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Is not our Messiah like God being the very image of His Father Jehovah? 

Colossians 1:13-15 (ASV)

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

No comments:

Post a Comment